It is mandatory for all tourists (other than Indian, Bangladeshi & Maldivian nationalities) to obtain a Bhutan visa clearance before travelling to Bhutan. The Bhutan visa has to be processed via a government approved travel agency such as UNIVERSAL Bhutan Tour Agent.
To obtain the visa, you need to tell us how long you will be staying in Bhutan and from where you will fly. We will then book your flights and hotels accordingly. After this, you must send us a scanned copy of your passport.As soon as we receive these, we will send you the tour invoice so that you can make payments following which we will forward the same to the Tourism Council of Bhutan (TCB) and Department of Immigration (DOI). These agencies will process the visa online.
Next we will send you the visa confirmation code. You must carry a printed copy of the visa confirmation code and your flight tickets as these need to be produced at the check-in counter at Paro International Airport.
Your actual Bhutan visa will be stamped on your passport upon your arrival.
Visa/Permits for Indian, Bangladeshi & Maldivian nationalities can be obtained at the Immigration Check Points, at the port of entry, upon production of a valid Passport (Indian Nationals can also use their Voter Identity Card).
Select an itinerary from our list of tour packages.
If you want a customized itinerary, you can click on our Customize your trip button and send us the following details:
- The number of days you plan to spend in Bhutan.
- Tentative date of arrival.
- Group Size.
- Personal interests and things you want to do while in Bhutan.
- Indicate clearly where you are arriving from.
The tourism tariff for tourists traveling to Bhutan is set by the Royal Government and the Tourism council of Bhutan and has been fixed as follows:
- For Peak Season (Mar/Apr/May/Sept/Oct & Nov: Land cost: US$ 250 per person per night (excluding FIT surcharges).
- For Off Season (Jan/Feb/Jun/Jul/Aug & Dec: Land cost: US$ 200 per person per night (excluding FIT surcharges).
Bhutan visa fee: US$ 40 Per person
Tourism fee: US$ 10 Per person
Individual (FIT) Surcharge will be applicable for a group size of less than 3 person as follows:
- US$ 40 Per night for a single person group and
- US$ 30 per person per night for a 2 person group.
- The surcharge will not be applicable to a group size of 3 person or more.
The above tour cost includes:
- Government Fees, Royalty & Taxes.
- Bhutan Visa.
- Tours as mentioned in the itinerary.
- Standard hotel room (Twin/double bed) for 5 Nights.
- All meals (Breakfast/Lunch & Dinner) at a local restaurant or hotel.
- SUV Car, Mini Van or Bus with driver throughout your stay.
- Experienced tour guide.
- Sights & entrance fees as per the itinerary.
- Bottled water.
- Travel insurance.
- Costs for extra activities
- Personal drinks & beverages
- Additional hotel facilities like laundry, personal calls etc.
- Bank transfer fee: US$ 30 per transfer
- Single room supplement: US$ 30 per room per night.
Payments for your tour package and Druk Air tickets must be made in advance through wire transfer.
- Email a copy of the bank transfer to our mail box at firstname.lastname@example.org
- On receiving full payment, we will email you the flight ticket and a copy of the approved visa.
- Your actual visa will be stamped on your passport upon arrival at Paro Airport.
- For those entering Bhutan via road through India, your visa will be stamped at the immigration check point in Phuentsholing or Samdrup Jongkhar.
Passports must have a minimum validity of 6 months or more. Travellers are requested to travel using the same passport on which the Bhutan visa is stamped.
- Information for Americans Traveling to Bhutan – travel.state.gov
- Information for British Nationals Traveling to Bhutan – fco.gov.uk
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Bhutan – MoFA
- Indian Embassy in Bhutan – www.indianembassythimphu.bt
- There shall be no charge for CHILDREN up to the age of 5 years. However, those between the ages of 6-12 years accompanied by elders or guardians shall be given 50% discount on daily rates.
- Full time STUDENTS below the age of 25 years holding valid identity cards from their academic institutions shall also be given a 25% discount on daily rates.
- A discount of 50% on daily rates shall be given to one person in a group of 11 to 15 people.
- 100% discount shall be given to one member in a group exceeding 16 persons.
Tour Programs booked and subsequently cancelled shall be subject to charges as follows:
- before 30 days or more of start of program~ no charges.
- 50% cancellation charges will be applicable if a tour gets cancelled between 30 – 10 days of start of tour program.
- 100% cancellation charges will applicable if a tour gets cancelled within 10 days or less of start of tour program.